quad headlight kit installed

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bronx boy, Mar 23, 2011.

1. bronx boy

bronx boy Rockstar

i just installed the mr tailight hi/lo beam kit on my 2000 silverado 1500.i have 100 watt bulbs in both hi and lo beams .so far so good .has anybody tried this kind of set up before .should i be expecting any trouble

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Mr Tailight from Ohio? If so Steve is a great guy... Knows his stuff...

3. bronx boy

bronx boy Rockstar

i just thought that 400 watts ho head lights might be a bit too much for the system to handle

4. ElbowJoe

ElbowJoe Member

I have a 2003 Suburban and wanted to do this mod as well. I researched Mr. Tailight and found several negative comments about trying to get a phone reply from this co. I also tried to contact via phone - both during regular business hours and after and was not successful so I decided to go another route. I found a simple and easy conversion method using only diodes and shrink wrap that can be purchased from Radio Shack. Total cost for a DIY conversion was in the neighborhood of $5.00 or so and I could not be more happy with the result.

I did the conversion about a year ago and have been enjoying the use of HI/LOW/FOG/DRL at all the same time. So far no negative issues. What a difference this has made at night!

Here is a link in case you are interested in trying this:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/25638/ftdrlnstall.pdf

Good luck!

5. bronx boy

bronx boy Rockstar

thanks for the link my truck only has 8800 miles on it . so i may try your setup .i intend to have this baby a long time

6. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I did this as well... And LOVE every minute of it... Plus I have a couple extra lights... LoL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A total of 16 forward facing white lights... Plus the 4 in the grill flash... LoL

7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

I did this today...thanks for the link...quick and easy...and now i can't wait for the night...look out! haha! i'll call these my get the hell outta my way lights!

8. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

Im diggin this how to! Im so gonna do it! My HIDs are gonna light **** up.

9. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Will this work on a 98 K1500?

10. bronx boy

bronx boy Rockstar

dont see why not .i installed it in 10 minutes.i also liked the t tap connectors that came with it .just sent for a 30 pack assortment from ebay.they are a great little gadget to keep in my tool box