1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quadrasteer Accessories

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Sean, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

I'm afraid I know the answer to this question already, but I am still hoping that someone out there ran in to the same issue and found a solution :)

I have a 2003 Silverado Quadrasteer (1500) and was hoping that there was some manufacturer out there that made fender trim/flares that would find the quadrasteer rear wheel wells.

So far, checking with the major manufacturers, they told me "no". But, the last accessories group I called indicated that the "Step side" versions of the trim packages might fit the quadtrasteer... but he was not sure.

Anyone out there added trim to your quadrasteer fenders? Either the steel trim, or the plastic flares?

I've seen many pictures of modified quadrasteers where people only added the front fender trim, and ignored the back - I'm not sure I like the way that looks...

Sean.
  2. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

There's a 2003 silverado quadrasteer? wth... pictures...NOW!
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

i guess there could be an 03 silverado quadrasteer. it came out in 02, and although its mainly on sierra denalis and suburbans, ive seen a few 04 and 05 1500hd trucks with it. you just dont see many of the 03 silverados so equipped.

to the original poster, i think they are like dually trucks in that most owners put fender flares on the front, but not the back. honestly, i have no idea what the interchange would be, but you could always make some fit. if the fender opening is the same size & shape as other gm trucks (should be) then it shouldnt take much modification to makethem work.
  4. Sean

Sean New Member

I'm kinda embarassed :) I thought I had a few pictures of the truck on my PC, but alas could find none. It's far too crappy outside to take a picture here in Georgia at the moment, so I'll have to post the cheesy picture they took when I purchased the truck...

You can see that the rear well flares out, but not nearly as much as a duelly. Just enough to cause grief for those of us that want aftermarket accessories!

I'll post a better picture when it is not raining outside.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. Sean

Sean New Member

Well - after a few hours of calling different accessory shops, I can find no one that has put rear wheel fender accessories on these silverado quadrasteers.

If anyone comes across one, or if you see (or better yet have!) a quadrasteer with these kinds of upgrades, please reply here or send me a message - I'd appreciate it.

Now I'll just concentrate on getting a new set of tires and pipes...

Sean.
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I just found this company. If you havent already,you might want to get in contact with them, as their site indicates they make full stainless steel fender trim for quadrasteer trucks. hope this helps.
  7. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

why does your truck have those yellow lights on the roof? i noticed the quadrasteers have them and duallys. sometimes 2500HD's. do they serve a purpose?
  8. Sean

Sean New Member

I was told that because of the width of the rear-end (the flare necessary for the turning back wheels) the lights were added because of some govt regulation. Something to do with the class/size of the vehicle that required them on the roof and on the wheel wells.

I never really looked into it - I thought it made it look pretty tough no matter the reason :D
  9. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

Are there any local shops near you that keep parts like that in stock that would maybe let you take one out and hold it up to your truck?
  10. Sean

Sean New Member

I'm bringing it in to 4-wheel parts on Thursday for some new 285 BFG tires and some chrome step pipes, so I will ask then.

When I was at the counter ordering the tires I had asked if they had any trim for the Quad, but after a quick look at the inventory book, he said no. However, I like your idea of dragging out a few from the back if they have them.

I''ll give that a try - thanks for the suggestion.

Sean