quadrasteer fluid

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by cameron1500hd, Feb 9, 2011.

1. cameron1500hd

cameron1500hd New Member

I have a 1500HD Quadrasteer 4x4, and i was wondering about the differential fluid. I have read many places that, amsoil is not good enough for the quadrasteer diff, nor is royal purple. Is there any new products out for the Quadrasteer diff?
  2. stephan

stephan New Member

Welcome to the GM truck club Cameron. Sorry I can't answer your question, but someone will be along that can. Why do they say that Ammsoil or Royal Purple aren't good enough for the Quadrasteer? Do they give a specific reason??
  3. Welcome to the club, Cameron. My friend uses Mobil 1 synthetic in his '03 1500HD Quadrasteer.
  4. cameron1500hd

cameron1500hd New Member

On a lot of forums they have been saying that there are recalls on the fluid information, i have been putting royal purple in there with no problems. But i don't want to have it fail cause i am using the wrong stuff.
  5. 2003 GMC Denali

2003 GMC Denali New Member

Are you aware that there is a Site called DENALITRUCKS(dot)COM... and we cater to vehicles with Quadrasteer, because for a few Years, it was the only way you could buy a Sierra Denali. Check it out... I'm an Administrator on there.

We've been using Schaeffers #267 Gear Oil... which has since change to #293... but what is key is that you have to add the Posi Fluid, or you'll get lots of chatter out of the Rear-end, when turning corners.