Quadrasteer related questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Kraziken, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

I'm looking at a 2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 quadrasteer with autoride. I did some searching and found Pro Comp makes a 6" lift kit that will work with this rig.
    Is there a more mild option? Originally I was looking at 3" or 4" lift.

Is quadrasteer worth the hassle?

Since there aren't many quadrasteer models out there, I'm concerned about spare parts.

Thanks
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't know anyone with a quadrasteer. Like you said there are not many out there. I am sure parts will not be that hard to come by.
  3. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

The rig isn't near me, so I decided to call a shop before driving 150 miles to go look at it.

The Chevy dealership I called indicated a customer had called for a Quadrasteer related part, and the availability is difficult. In this particular case, no inventory. The fellow on the phone recommended not buying a quadrasteer GM because of this problem.

Part of the problem....from what I understand, is Quadrasteer also went thru a revision or two, even in the few years it was available. So who knows what specific part might be hard to get.

Seems like another point of failure I don't need.