1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

quesion on 08 tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by k3k0a808, May 8, 2008.

1. k3k0a808

k3k0a808 New Member

i just purchased a 08 2wd crew cab silverado and i was planning on putting a leveling kit on and tires... does anyone know how big of a tire i can run on my stock 17in rims?? one of my friends can get a good price on cooper tires.... i just want to have a lil more agressive look untill i can afford rims+tires... sorry i dont know much about going higher and bigger... i came from having a lowered colorado xtreme
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

with the 17's id go with a 285/70/17 with cooper discoverer STT or ST
  3. zach45

zach45 New Member

do thecooper discoverer STT come for 20 or 22"
  4. Pete95Sierra

5. zach45

zach45 New Member

6. k3k0a808

k3k0a808 New Member

does anyone have a picture of a 08 silverado with 33's my friend said that 33's might look wierd and i should go with 31's.....thanks for the repies
  7. zach45

zach45 New Member

and bro hope you dont mind me asking all these Q in your topic... if you want ill start a new one..
  8. Pete95Sierra

zach - as for a better tire they are both great... the ST are an all terrain and the STT are a mud terrain.. I would go with the STT they are great and look incredible and will with the rockstars

k3k0 - go with the 33's hey will look better considering your truck prob has 31" or bigger stock. here is a pic of an 08 with a 2.5" leveling kit and 275/60/20 (33/11)

[​IMG]
  9. k3k0a808

k3k0a808 New Member

naw man thats a good question..... the more i learn the better
  10. k3k0a808

k3k0a808 New Member

hey thanks for the pic.... thats exactly what i want my truck to look like simple and clean... rims are sik too... btw do u know what brand of rim that is?? and my stock tire size is 27" so anything bigger would be better... so if i put those 33in cooper tires on my stock rims they would be that size right? it dont matter that i have 17in rims? sorry for so much questions... but would my truck look stupid because im guessing the offset on my stock rims would make the tires more into the fender?