Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Question about Cadence Audio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Blackmatter, Apr 9, 2012.

1. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've never had their subs but I had one of their monitors. It was installed in the glove box of my '88 and it got passed around to like 5 friends over several years before it finally gave out. That's pretty decent for anything in my opinion.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Girlfriends, too? LOL!

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Never been a fan of Infinty.. When ever we sold them in the stores We were blowing tweeters left and right and I have never seen there stuff used in Car Audio compation..

4. Blackmatter

Blackmatter Member

I noticed that you only recomended Jl audio and higher end Kenwood amps not Alpine. Why not Alpine was wonderring cause I have been looking at alot of different Alpine amps. There 5 channel amps seem to give you good bang for your buck. Is there some problems with them or are they just not that good.

5. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

A few of them made it around to friends before she'd finally leave.

I think MTX is my favorite brand for subs and amps. They are a little expensive but well worth it. I love Infinity for mids and highs. They are crisp and clear but you have to get the higher end models for long lasting durability.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Alpine makes some good stuff But the PDF Amps will only give full power at 14 Volts. The M500 will do about 350-400 watts RMS A JL Audio 500/1v2 will give 500-600 All day at 11.5-14 volts RMS!! The 300/4v2 Will give between 75-90 Watts RMS.. If installed right and if you upgrade the power and ground cables they have been bullit proof.. Kenwood in my 20 + years of selling them I had very few come back and the reviews I have seen on their Excelon Amps have been very good with better then rated power..

7. Blackmatter

Blackmatter Member

Thanks for all the info got one more question for u. How are the kenwood excelon speakers and subs kfc-x1730 xr-s17p and xr-w10f

8. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi, Blackmatter:

A five channel amplifier is a good option. I have been running a Soundstream Reference 405 in my truck since it was purchased new around 1998. Rock solid and very underrated power. The new amplifiers have very good specs, but I don't think they make a 5 channel any more, you would have to go with a four channel and a mono block or two channel and bridge it for your sub.

You might be able to pick up something pre-owned on eBay if you are careful and know what to look for. I have bought a bunch of high quality stuff for many years on eBay. Most of it is pre-owned, not new. The downside is on used there is no warranty and if your budget is tight, that might not be your best route.

Stay away from Class D amplifiers except to power your sub woofer.

Kenwood Excelon products are excellent. Their customer support is excellent, you talk to a real human in California for tech support, not someone with a thick accent in some remote part of the globe.