1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Question about glove box and center console AKA STUPID THIEVES!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Kraziken, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

:grrrrrr: Some A-holes broke the small 1/4 glass in the second row of my Suburban to get entry into my rig.

They rifled thru a bunch of stuff, broke some trim around the stereo, but left without anything that I can tell.

I believe the glovebox and center console can lock, but mine doesn't. Perhaps wrong key for the glovebox, but the center console mechanism doesn't work.

Any idea how difficult it would be to fix, or can I get a new lock from the dealership with the same lock as my current door key?

2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Sorry for the troubles man. I hate theives, go get a job guys. What year suburban? Earlier years had a different key for the glovebox and the rear-gate-glass as well.

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What year Suburban? In our 2001 Suburban, the key that locks the center console is a small brass key marked "CONSOLE"and is different from the door key.

4. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

It's a 1991 GMC.

Looking thru the stuff, I think the only thing that might have been taken, is a small cup of Chuck E Cheese tokens that I kept in the console for my kids.

There's a special place in hell for these thieves.