1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Question about INPUT jacks my 2005 GM radio ...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Lance915, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Lance915

Lance915 New Member

I don't really want to tear my radio out, and was hoping that someone might know the answer to my question .........before I go to all that trouble!

Does anyone know if the back of the head unit of my 2005 Silverado radio is going to have an AUXILIARY INPUT jack, or a CD CHANGER INPUT jack?????

The head unit is a stock GM unit which has AM/FM/XM with a single CD player. On the lowest row of control buttons is a button labeled "BAND/CD AUX" which mkaes me think that PERHAPS it might have one of those two different inputs.

Thanks in advance!!

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I dont believe that there is one.

I dont see why GM would put one on the back.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There is a CD Changer input that can be converted over.

If you are trying to install a portable unit, DVD, CD, or other you need the aux interface and the cable to make it work.

Take a look at these sites: http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-296-147-pie-gm12-aux-chevrolet-auxiliary-adaptor.aspx

4. Lance915

Lance915 New Member

Merely trying to hook up a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play unit that I took out of my "03" Corvette. The radio in the Corvette appears (physically) to be the same, but it had a remote 12-disc CD changer. All I had to do was was unplug the the CD changer and plug in the HK unit...
    Was hoping that it might be as easy to hook it up in the truck..

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hmm, I dunno. What was the model # of the head unit in the corvette vs. the truck? It's possible they are the same and the unit that you want to plug it is designed to go directly into the input and run off the native controls.