1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about lifting your Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by i am bob stoops, Apr 20, 2010.

1. i am bob stoops

i am bob stoops New Member

I will be getting an 07 Silverado in June sometime and am starting to look at lift kits. What is your guys recomended heights? Any problems with death wobble with body lifts? What would you suggest I do?

Just sold my Jeep. :glasses:

Taking the route and lifting up a Chevy. :great:
  2. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy Rockstar

I never heard anything about death wobble on anything besides Jeeps but it all depends on what your looking for out of your truck. I mean are you looking for a certain tire size or just trying to make it more aggressive looking? I got a 2005 Silverado 1500 and I just bought a 2.5" ReadyLIFT Leveling Kit and going with 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers and new wheels. But thats just my opinion hope you find out what your looking for. Good Luck!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Before I bought my truck I had always wanted a 10" suspension lift, but after talking to a few off-road guys and people at shows who had what I wanted I decided to go with a 6" lift. These trucks are very top heavy when lifted, so I felt more comfortable with the 6" lift. Only at high speeds on a sharp curve did I get any body roll, but the 35" tires keep it well grounded. Plus it still enabled me to be able to tow with the vehicle.
  4. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i have a 2000 silverdo with a 6" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift. i have never experience any death wobble. as for body roll, i just have to be mindful of the sharp curves and slow down. other than that the truck & lift has been great for me.
  5. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Ive got a 3-inch body lift and leveled the front of the truck 2-inches and like the look and havnt had any problems with it.
  6. i am bob stoops

i am bob stoops New Member

I'm probably looking more towards a 4" suspension lift. What brand do you guys recomend when buying?
  7. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy Rockstar

Sky Jacker has been around for years, and two really popular ones I started seeing alot more of is Fabtech and Rough Country.