1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

question about sub boxes

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Burden33, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

2. McMahan

McMahan New Member

I went with a 8" solobaric L7. I did not want a lot of bass but a good hard hitting system. I did a custom ported box and I am overly pleased with it. Also had other members of other forums build the same box from my specs and they are very pleased.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Im likign the box what was the specs for making it
  4. McMahan

McMahan New Member

Let me give my dad a shout and see if he will measure it for me. I am in Korea and dont have the specs with me. Soon as I get them I will send them to ya brother.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Thanks bro. Is it better to have the box ported or sealed for sound
  6. suzukiracer

suzukiracer New Member

A ported box will give you more air and your subs will hit harder with a clean bass
  7. McMahan

McMahan New Member

I have tried it both ways and my opinion the ported box sounds way better
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

having to much air space is probably worse than not having enough...you can damage your subs.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Thats a good looking box!
  9. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

well then so i gues the subthump box is out of the question for now. it seems like these subs need almost no aire to run them it says the volum is 0.08 cu ft and the box per champer is .95 cu ft
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  10. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

You can add poly fill to the box until ypu achieve a good response from the subs...or have a cusyom box made