Question about the bowtie on tailgate....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tex1121, Feb 8, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. tex1121

tex1121 New Member

I just bought a 2009 Silverado LT1 and I was wondering if anyone knew how the bowtie on the tailgate is attached. I would like to remove it and install a chrome bowtie.

I appreciate any and all help on this. Thanks.
  2. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member 100 Posts

Either DBL Sided tape by a 3M adhesive or inside the tailgate with spped nuts on two posts attached to the back of the emblem. In which case you would need to remove the inside bed cover to get at it. If attached by tape, use a heat gun if you have it, your mothers/wife hair dryer to soften the tape and use a plastic spreader or fishing line behind the emblem to get it off. Use Goof Off, Goo Gone or your perferd choice to remove the rest of the adhesive. Clean with a good solvent, attach your new one as the old one was attached.

Jeff
  3. 05azsilver

05azsilver New Member 100 Posts

A buddy of mine removed his, it was DBL sided tape, we used dental floss and WD-40.
  4. tex1121

tex1121 New Member

Thanks Jeff, I greatly appreciate it. Also thanks for the tip about the fishing line. I didn't think of that. Good idea.

Kevin
  5. tex1121

tex1121 New Member

Thanks Chris, I really appreciate it.

Kevin