Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Question about tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kwalls22, Dec 5, 2010.

1. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

Will a 33x12.5" tire fit without rubbing on my 2.5" leveled 09 silverado

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Kwalls, the 33 tall will fit no questions, but the 12.5 wide will be tight. Are you going to be running stock wheels?

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That wide of tire is a little wide for a stock wheel. If its a mud type tire with big lugs on the outside of the tire it may rub.

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I believe his stock rims are the same as mine so if he is planning on mounting the rubber on those i think the tires would be too wide.

5. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love the XD 778's!! I think they will look awesome on your truck, just not 100% sure they will fit. Are you willing to cut on the inner fender?

7. Bigbomber

The height would be fine i'm just not sure about the width,you may have to do some trimming.I have to say though that DAMN! that is a nice rim and tire package,good choice!

8. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

Thanks guys I think im gonna order them soon once I get some more money together but how much trimming do you think I will need to do

9. Bigbomber

I think the only way to truly find out how much you would need to trim is by putting a rim and a tire that is 33" X12.5 on your truck and turning the wheel.

10. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

the only problem is I dont know anyone with that setup lol