Question about tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Salesguy1980, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have looked through here and cannot find what I am looking for. I want to install tow mirrors on my 2011 GMC 2500HD. The stock mirrors are power and heated but no turn signals or folding. SLE package. If I were to install tow mirrors, power adjust, heated and turn signal, will the turn signal work? if not will it cause any problems when I hook them up? Not sure if my truck is prewired for the turn arrows. I called the dealer and they were not sure. Any help is appreciated.

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I cant speak for your truck, but I had the DL8 mirrors (heat & power) and when I put on my tows I then had the turn signals. It is just 1 conector and the signal wire was already there.

3. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes, it will work. Just plugs right up and works.

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree i just got my power, heated, telescoping tow mirrors with the turn signals today and i have installed 1 already. This one took me awhile since i have never done this before and it is just one connector you unplug and plug and the turn signals and power both work being the plug connector is the same shape and size of the factory mirrors.

5. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sweet news, I will pull the trigger on some next week. Thanks for the help!

6. Hobbs305

Hobbs305 New Member

I'm looking at purchasing some tow mirrors with the signal lights on the side (not in the mirror). I also have power and heat, but no signal or power folding. I spoke to the dealer and they told me it depends if I have a specific modular for the signal lights. Once they ran my vin through their computer, they told me I could not add the signal lights. Are they full of #$%& or is it true? I have a 2011 silverado crew cab Z71.

Sounds like the previous models might have been pre-wired. Has anyone with a 2011 model had success?

7. ajarman

Hobbs, check your RPO's and see if you have DL8. If so, it will work.

8. Hobbs305

Hobbs305 New Member

Ajarman - thanks. I do have DL8 mirrors. I also have a YE9 set up (whatever that is). Now the decision is with the signals on the exterior or in the mirror. Also what size tires do you have? Looks great with the stock rims! I do not have a lift or leveling kit on my truck. Would like some new tires to dress the truck up.

9. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

As others have said, they will work. Just plug and play.

10. ajarman

I am running 295/70r17 nitto trail grapps. They come out to 33.4x11.65