1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question..info if youve heard anything??? (Nissan Altima)

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Scooter, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Scooter

Scooter New Member 100 Posts

Not really a Chevy Question But Im Looking at buying my Wife the Nissan Altima Coupe. But Ive heard rumors that the engine has been known to just die, anyone with any clarification on that?
  2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

i know one or 2 people who have had one but never had that problem.nice little car from what i understand
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Friend of mine, who is also in corporate sales ( lots of driving ) had one, put 170,00 trouble free miles on it then gave it to his daughter and bought another one. He loves them, and I have to agree with him,I've never heard anything negative about the Altimas.
  4. Scooter

Scooter New Member 100 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info, its my wifes faverite car, so its suppose to be a surprise. But like i said i heard some bad Juju so i wasnt sure.
  5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

i looked around a little bit and didnt really find anything on it.but good luck with it if you get it!
  6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

theyre good cars.

good on gas and performance.
  7. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What year are you asking about?
  8. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member 100 Posts

Just keep in mind that most people don't post about their belongings unless it's something bad. Usually the bad stories you hear/read are from those few instances when a good product had a bad day. With that in mind the best places to learn about new cars, electronics, etc... are in car and driver magazines, consumer reports, and things like that where the vehicles are extensively tested by usually (and hopefully) non-biased professionals. Good luck with your purchase.

-Greg
  9. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Of course now you know that... you'll get the car, the CEL will come on within a week, then the transmission will start to slip as soon as you get the CEL off, then the A/C will give out.... *bangs his head on the desk just thinking of Murphy's Law*

:)

Good luck with the purchase and make sure you have a digicam! I don't think I'd be the only one to appreciate your wife's face when she sees the car!

:gasp: