1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question? Magnaflow mufflerVSFlowmaster 40 with x pipe which one gains most power?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 19, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This question i'm asking because online i heard it's best to buy a x pipe with true dual exhaust which i have they are 2.5 inch pipe ran into 3 1/2 by 18 inch gloss black rolled tips. I heard that a Magnaflow muffler is a straight through muffler compared to a Flowmaster that's chambered and will get more flow and power along with the x pipe with the magnaflows is this true? Help needed if so i will sell my flowmaster and buy a Magnaflow thanks!!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I found a Magnaflow Race Muffler it's a True Dual Muffler Dual in/Dual out for $289 which is really exspensive compared to my Flowmaster. I was wondering if anyone has got this muffler and is it worth it and will i see more HP and Torque from this with my Maganaflow x pipe i bought!?...
    Inlet/Outlet Size: 2.5in./2.5in.
    Body Shape: 5in.x8in. Oval
    Core Size: Dual 2.5in.
    Body Length: 18in.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Well i might be better off buying the Magnaflow Race Muffler that goes on each exhaust pipe would i be better with power and torque that way i would need 2 of them that would cost me $250 bucks though anyone with help???????????
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does ANYONE know lol!!!