Question? Magnaflow mufflerVSFlowmaster 40 with x pipe which one gains most power?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 19, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This question i'm asking because online i heard it's best to buy a x pipe with true dual exhaust which i have they are 2.5 inch pipe ran into 3 1/2 by 18 inch gloss black rolled tips. I heard that a Magnaflow muffler is a straight through muffler compared to a Flowmaster that's chambered and will get more flow and power along with the x pipe with the magnaflows is this true? Help needed if so i will sell my flowmaster and buy a Magnaflow thanks!!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I found a Magnaflow Race Muffler it's a True Dual Muffler Dual in/Dual out for $289 which is really exspensive compared to my Flowmaster. I was wondering if anyone has got this muffler and is it worth it and will i see more HP and Torque from this with my Maganaflow x pipe i bought!?...
    Inlet/Outlet Size: 2.5in./2.5in.
    Body Shape: 5in.x8in. Oval
    Core Size: Dual 2.5in.
    Body Length: 18in.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Well i might be better off buying the Magnaflow Race Muffler that goes on each exhaust pipe would i be better with power and torque that way i would need 2 of them that would cost me $250 bucks though anyone with help???????????

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does ANYONE know lol!!!