1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question on rust

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 99ta350, Oct 11, 2012.

1. 99ta350

99ta350 New Member

A buddy of mine gave me this truck for free. 79 longbed.All it needs is a tranny (which ive got) and it will be easy to get running. The only problem i have with it is there is some rust under the doors. I just need to know how much of a pain it is to fix it. Ive got some pics and ill let you guys throw some tips at me. And i do have acces to a welder. one is the driver side and the other is the passanger.

Attached Files:

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

chop out the old section with a cut off wheel or plasma arc cutter, the straighter the better, then weld in a new piece, gring the welds down and away ya go. time consuming to make it look nice, if your not terribly worried and just want a decent beater truck, not as terrible.

Alex