Question on Seats??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by richregan, Feb 10, 2013.

1. richregan

richregan New Member

I have a 1995 1500 short bed that has a bench seat. I would like to swap it out for some kind of seat that I can recline the back. My knowledge is pretty limited, so I need some help to know what will fit, and how difficult it will be to swap out seats.

Thanks
    Rich

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Assuming you have a crew, or extended cab, you should be able to use GM buckets and console from the same style truck.

The bucket seats use the same mounting holes as the bench.

A buddy of mine swapped out the front and rear seats in an extended truck, he said it only took a couple of hours.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As Ray pointed out the cab configuration is going to be the limiting factor on this swap, the seats fit right in but if its a std cab truck theres no room to really recline them.

4. richregan

richregan New Member

Thanks for the replies...The truck is a standard cab, so even though there may not be room to recline the seat, I can still get it in there, right?

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes they fit, in certain trim configurations theyre an optional seat from the factory for your truck.