Question on the model differences.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by aldepalma, Feb 17, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. aldepalma

aldepalma New Member

I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 Summer Edition 4.8L

the question i have is what is so different about the "summer edition" than any other LT model. I have done some research of my own and cant see what the difference is like if it came with more / different options. any help is much appreciated!
  2. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC.... perhaps summer edition means.....uhm...... ok I got nothin. I'm sure someone on the Board can fill in the blanks tho.
  3. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member 100 Posts

sunroof? thats all i got.....
  4. aldepalma

aldepalma New Member

nopee no sunroof..

only options i would say it has are factory tints, running boards, and spray in bed liner

no Z71, no sliding back window, no premium wheels, no tow package

so i am not so sure why there is a "summer edition" badge right above the Silverado one... seems like a regular LT model in my opinion
  5. troutbug

troutbug New Member 100 Posts

I've still never figured out what any of the special editions are. Around here, I've seen Texas editions, Bayou editions, a GMC with 'Nevada edition' on it, hell I don't know. I think I've even seen a Saints edition. For all I can see, they just add chrome steps and door handles. Maybe the summer edition comes with a supercharged A/C system and an ice chest in the back?
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well I guess it is too late now....BUT there was a pretty tan legged thing in the bed of all "Summer Edition" Silverados and I guess she has already excaped! Sorry for your loss....
  7. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

It probably originally came with a grill and a 12 back of premium lager
  8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Haha... great thread. I have absolutely no idea. I've never heard of "summer edition" but I have certainly heard of Texas Edition.