Question : Why did you buy your Avalanche ?. . . . and

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by JTWard, Feb 17, 2014.

Newest Photos

1. JTWard

JTWard New Member 100 Posts

How did you equip it ? I'm starting to think about when I get around to selling the Pontiac, and a very special dealership keeps asking if I'd sell it to them OR. . They will give me a super size trade-in on something else. Seems used car that have been Very Well cared for in high demand. I'm very interested in the Avalanche, it's got a nice car-like ride and is a V8 with 4 wheel drive and a ton of creature comforts ????????:great:
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's the best!!! What else do you need to know? From giving the Girls a ride... IMG_1628resize.jpg To Camping.. DSCF1552.jpg DSCF1551.jpg To carrying everything you can with any other truck and keeping it dry in it's 8!! foot bed P1010901.JPG Photo-0428.jpg Photo-0456 (1).jpg Photo-0374.jpg Photo-0479.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just moved this 8 foot 1960's sofa in this weather and kept it dry... couch.jpg couch2.jpg
  3. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

With what you do with your Avalanche [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] I dont know how you keep it so nice. Ive had 20' gutters hanging out the back, 1800lbs of bags of concrete mix in it, and moved several peoples belongings for them also. Ive got some pics of my Escalade EXT at work here. 2003 escalade ext.jpg 2012-10-07_14-01-07_855.jpg 2012-10-07_14-01-16_709.jpg 2012-10-07_14-02-57_499.jpg
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Love the Pumpkin shot Look at it now....:gasp: snow.jpg
  5. the phantom

Thats not a scratch in the drivers door is it?? Im hoping its just from all the road grime or you drooling out the window at some fine looking ladies:lol:
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Enkei pretty well covered it. I've usually bought SUVs, because I like to keep tools locked and dry (apartment maintenance). The SUVs were great, but I was always cleaning the upholstery (can't stand a dirty interior). The Av gives me the locked and dry requirement and as long as I keep the mid-gate closed, no upholstery. Remove the 3 cover panels and I have a short bed pick-up. Drop the mid-gate and I add an additional 2+ feet of length, mid-gate up and I have room for 5 people.
    A great all-round vehicle.
  7. JTWard

JTWard New Member 100 Posts

Yeah, And thank you for your experiences. At first I rejected the avalanche because it is a Uni-body with two sub frames, were as the Silverado is a straight body on frame construction. But considering how I use my Silverado, I am thinking the Avalanche would offer an interior where I can accommodate 2 or 3 passengers. But for some reason, the Avalanche are pretty pricey. Every one I've looked at are in the mid $30K price range. I know that I should have hit the dealership sooner in December as that they are looking to get rid of unsold stock before the end of the year, so . . .
  8. Enkeiavalanche

You can buy mine next year IF!! What I hear is true that there will be a 2016 coming out...Just think of it as a Suburban with no top on back There is so much you can do with it.. 086.jpg 013.jpg 098.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389403336.360683.jpg
  9. the phantom

QUOTE=Enkeiavalanche;607844] View attachment 57835 [/QUOTE]

Now thats a crazy picture right there!!!!

Yeah the interior definitely gets dirty if you have had anything dirty in the back and put the mid-gate down before you clean it.. I hauled a lawn mower to my stepfathers every 2 weeks and once in a while the grass would fall off the mower. well went to lowes to get some long lumber and down went the mid gate and in came all the grass. Poor planning on my part but like I told all my buddies that laughed at me how I used the Caddy. ITS A TRUCK!!!!
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't know about the first gen AV, but the post '07 trucks use the same ladder frame that the Suburban uses. I suspect this frame combined with the full body would produce a stronger unit than the Silverado's frame and 2 body units.

Ya know, this might be true. You can still order and purchase a 2013 Avalanche. It's probably being built alongside the 2014 Subs and Hoes and being labeled 2013.