Questions about Hydrogen injection systems

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Cleburn, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Cleburn

Cleburn New Member

I have a 2005 Chevy 1500 4.8. I'm thinking about having a Hydro injecter installed. I'm trying to get better gas milage out of my truck. I'm writing yall to get your opinon and thoughts please let me know.

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have never heard of this ...could you please enlighten me/us on this system..

3. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

Is that the same as or like the water/methanol fuel injector kit?

4. Cleburn

Cleburn New Member

I wanted yall to help me out... Its a container that holds disteeled water and theres two cathods that once electricity is ran thought from one to the other it seperates the oxygen and the hydrogen. In turn pushes hydrogen to your breather box. I hear if you get the right mixure of hydrogen, oxygen, and gas you can save 20- 60 % on gas, horse power, and torque. I was asking to see if any one has put any of these on any of there vehical to let me know how it would work ( performance wise ) on mine.

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have a friend who has this on his Ford Ranger. He is trying to get it "dialed in", before he shares any info'. When he opens up, I"ll be sure and clue the folks on this site in.

6. Calbaby968

Just to throw it in, the water/methanol fuel injector kit is suppose to gain 50hp, keep your motor clean, and prolong life of the motor. It's run off of 20 degree windshield wiper fluid. Kit comes with a 7 quart bottle or you can tap into your wiper fluid reservoir. This is what I have been told and the kit is 500 smackers.

7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

where could i find a kit like this and what is the price?

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

they tested it on mythbusters and busted it, but they tested it based on the kit without gasoline from the tank.

9. Calbaby968

what did they test? the hydro or the water/methanol kit

10. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the hydro. they built it completely from scratch, so theirs may or may not have been better