1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Questions about my new truck

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by McLarenross, Apr 29, 2012.

1. McLarenross

McLarenross New Member

I just bought a 1996 C1500 4x4 single cab short bed with a 305 and 700R4 in it. Have a few questions about it.

1: The ABS light is on and stays on about 80% of the time. The truck stops fine and has fluid in it. I assume the light is due to a faulty sensor or loose wire. Im just wondering if this is a common issue with these trucks.

2: Did these trucks come with keyless entry? I didnt get a FOB with the truck and the man only had 1 key for it and it is a copy not original. If they came with FOBs which type is correct for the model and how hard is it to program a new one to the truck?
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure about the ABS issue. I had a 96, but sold it in 2005. I will say it was having a lot of electrical issues, shorts, blown fuzes, etc which was part of the reason I sold it.

As far as the keyless entry, I bought mine when it was 2 years old and it had an aftermarket one put on. The previous owner worked at the dealership I was buying it from and he said it hadn't come with one. The one he had put in was also a remote start though and allowed me to roll the windows down from outside. That was awesome.
  3. 4x4squared

4x4squared Member 2 Years 100 Posts

That is awesome... lol
    as far as the ABS, id just let it be, the worst that happens is you lock the wheels up once or twice... not really a big deal. Cant help you with the FOB though, i dont know anything about them =/