1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Questions about possible purchase of 1998 S-10 ZR2

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Lakeman, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman New Member

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Hi, I am meeting a guy this weekend to do a possible straight trade for his ZR2. I had bought a 1998 ZR2 brand new back then but only had it for about 2yrs (17,000mi) then I traded it in for a brand new 2000 ZR2 Blazer that I only had for a year before being in an accident. Anyway I am not a newbie to this vehicle, but the one I might be getting has 174,000 miles on it...just a few more miles to say the least then the past ZR2's that I had back in the day. The tranny was rebuilt just 5,000 miles ago, and zero engine work. I know these 4.3's can be bullet proof, but is there anything I should be on the lookout for when looking this truck over? He said it runs and drives excellent, just a small dent in rear quarter panel, and the front passenger fender flare has been cracked, otherwise in great shape. He has no use for a truck anymore and wants a VW, which I have...its a 2000 Jetta with 170,000 miles on it. I have no use for it since I have a 2003 Tahoe, and a 2005 Z71 Suburban, and a Acura RSX and really need a truck to haul stuff around in that I don't want to put in my SUV's. It won't be a daily driver and will be sitting much of the time. If well cared for, how many more miles could I get out of this 4.3?
    Thanks in advance for any input!

Wasn't sure where to post this, hopefully under this thread was ok.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013