1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Questions of modifications.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by gocubs68, Jun 4, 2009.

1. gocubs68

gocubs68 Member

I rely on the opinions of the members of this site quite often. I read the forums everyday and have gained much valuable information. But there are a few things that I question. In researching future mods for my truck I have come across conflicting information.

Throttle Body Spacers: Some people swear by them, some say it's a waste of money. Just read on another forum that a guy picked up .2 in the 1/4 with just a TB spacer.

Aftermarket MAF sensor: Same deal, had a guy on here tell me it was a waste of money, and have read elsewhere that people have picked up power and mileage.

Aftermarket Throttle Body: About identical to MAF, read on here where it was a waste, but elsewhere read that it benefitted others by power and mileage.

I realize different vehicles respond differently to mods, but to read 2 completely different views on the same item seams odd. What gives?
  2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

TBS - Unless you have $90 to throw away I'd say its not worth it. I picked up slightly better throttle response

MAS - If you couple that with a new CAI that will allow the engine to breath better and would give you pretty good bang for your buck.

I have no idea about a new throttle body.
  3. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

i think peeps put "stuff" on the engine thinking its the key.ITS NOT. remember no replacemet for displacement!!!! a 6.0 isa 6.0 MINT!:party:the new gm are like a playstation game..add this to add that.then you see it .get a cam get some heads..oh wait the computer....ahhh yes the computer.effn comp gotta compensate for the driverights.it has to .IT IS ITS JOB!