1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

questions on a first time Wiring harness installation on an LS6 crate motor.

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by barefoot greg, Mar 26, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member 100 Posts

My father and I are working on a custom project together. We're using a chevy 5.7 LS6 crate motor for the powerplant.

when wiring up a LS6, is the Mass Air Flow Sensor necessary or is it possible to bypass it?

This is strictly an OFF-Road vehicle and will never see the road.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No you don't need the Maf sensor, the ECM will automatically default. It will use map Sensor mostly, and it will use other calibrations to adjust. In order for it to actually run properly, you will have to have whoever is tuning it to run it through a 2 or 3 bar setup. Efi live, tuning by frost, I had frost tune my ls1 and he did a great job.
  3. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member 100 Posts

Awesome thanks for the help!

I'll post up some pics of what we're workin on soon
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I cant wait to see pictures!!!
    Most tuners sell the 2 or 3 bar map sensors, they're usually about $80. I wish I could have afforded an ls6 or ls7 for my swap, but I'm happy with my ls1...