Quick easy one, Where to run power through the firewall? 2010 Sierra.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Falcone, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Simple one, I'm going to be putting my sub in my truck and just wondering if anyone knows of a good spot to sneak the power feed through my firewall before I go out there with a flashlight and a coat hanger and waste my time tonight.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I fished my power wire through the big rubber grommet in the firewall where the the other wires go into the cab. I made a small slit in the grommet with a razor knife and fed the power wire through.

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

x2.....its the easiest.

4. Falcone

I figured that was gonna be the easiest route. But just wanted to check so I maybe didn't have to cross the engine bay. You are talking about the one by the computer right, on the driver side?

5. TELORVEHC

Yup, thats the one. It's the closest and most direct route to the battery.

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah you guys are right about that. I still have all my wiring from when i had my sub's and amp ran into my truck i just unplugged it from the battery so when i do wanna find me just one 12 to put in i will be able too very easily without any work at all.

7. Falcone

My battery is on the passanger side of my truck? But still an easier shot across the fire wall, my power wire is going to end up being about 22' long though, to get it to the middle of the back bench. Is that far too long?

8. TELORVEHC

Ahh, I didn't know that the 2010 models have the battery on the passenger side, my truck has it on the driver's side, my bad. 22' seems a bit long but you should be ok as long as the wire gauge is big enough (4 gauge, 2 gauge, 0 gauge etc....)