1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quick fix for code p0446 evap emissions vent circuit low.

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by kinglt1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not sure on that one.. I did do a write up and pics on how to replace it on the newer GM's.. Did you check all other hoses and Gas cap?
  2. Joejoe

Joejoe New Member

Yes i checked it all, even took a wire brush around the gas neck around the cap...that part in the picture is between the cab and box ontop of frame rail...im selling my truck but have to get this fixed so it will pass an etest, im buying a newer gmc
  3. skipraf

skipraf New Member

That looks the same as my 2001 silverado. I just took it off, it was a bear, real tight space. I ended up removing the tube from the charcoal box and taking it out as tube and evap. Lots of dirt in there. Hoping the blow out solves my p0446.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

I tryed the Blow out and it did not work The part was like $65.00 repair about an hour Done..
  5. Jaxman68

Jaxman68 New Member

I have a 2010 Silverado with the P0446 code, does this year have the same thing where I can blow it out and possible clear the code?

Thanks,

Dan
  6. Enkeiavalanche

I would just replace it.. Not hard of a job Takes about an hour IF you lower your Extra tire..I have a FULL write up on here somewhere on here..
  7. Jaxman68

Jaxman68 New Member

I blew out the little filter and the line and unhooked the negative battery cable and the light is off!!

Thanks for the help!!

Jax
  8. Kady

Kady New Member

How about a p0442?
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This thread gets a lot of pageviews, how many people have read this and gotten valuable information from it?
  10. Enkeiavalanche

I think you should merge this one with the Pics I took of the fix..