1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

quick question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 4gstarion, Apr 4, 2008.

1. 4gstarion

4gstarion New Member

a2001 5.3L 2wd suburban what would it run or estimate a quarter mile time ?jw
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would say that you'll run around a 17 second quarter
  3. finalday7

finalday7 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I gotta be the guy that goes 17.5+. It depends on your gears too. So do you plan on dragging your burban or what?
  4. zippy

zippy Member

Your use of "RUN" may be optimistic. :whistle:
  5. Skarch

Skarch New Member

Completely off the topic here, but do you own a Starion?

As for the burban drag racing.... less than a minute.
  6. 4gstarion

4gstarion New Member

yes i do own a starion with a 4g63 and a gt35r on it and also have a 06 g35x
  7. Skarch

Skarch New Member

Sweet,

I had a girlfriend with one of those (not modded) and it would plain haul ass. It was a big reason that I switched from American trucks to import cars out of high school. the 35 is probably what I will go with when I "big turbo" my GTI, but I might go up to a 38. I know people who are running both on VW's. Now if only VW wold make a RWD platform to put these big turbo motors into....
  8. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

A friend of mine has a 2000 with the 5.3. Stock it ran 17.4. Next run was with the hypertech programming and it ran a 16.5. Other than a flowmaster muffler, it was all stock.