1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rack and pinion steering help!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 13, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

sadly i have to order a new rack and pinion kit for my truck, its been leaking for a while now, and i have over one-inch of play with the wheels up, vibrates when backing up and turning, sways on the highway, all NO BUENO signs surely to lead to an accident...
    im definitely going through rockauto.com or summitracing, the only two brands are ac-delco and A1-cardone, I usually always go to ac delco, but the A1cardone definitely has a friendlier price, and either way they are both remans, not brand new... anyone have an opinion on this? is a remanufactured one reliable? does anyone know how to tell if i have 8-rib or 12-rib???
    thanks