1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rack on Top

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Allmostsmart, Feb 18, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Allmostsmart

Allmostsmart New Member

How do you get the luggage Rack Bars off? I can't fit my truck in the garage because the to bars that go side to side stick up a 1/4 inch too high. I dont ever put anything up there anyway so I figured I would take them off. I see a phillips head screw on the bottom side but I couldn't even get one of those offset screw drivers to fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What type of truck??? removed off wifes trailblazer by lifting handle at each end of bars and they just lift off.
  3. Allmostsmart

Allmostsmart New Member

sorry, that was dumb of me. it is a 97 suburban.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

O.K. I had 96 Surburban and I never took mine off, but did adjust them by just looseing the screws and slidding them. I remember I used a standard Philipps screw driver,maybe they changed them on 97s. Sorry I cant help anymore.
  5. Allmostsmart

Allmostsmart New Member

well there is a bolt on each side but I took them out and that just lets it slide back and forth.