1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

radiator cooling cfm requirement

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mudpuppy, Feb 14, 2012.

1. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member

heya all. i have a 94 suburban k1500. originally it had a mechanical fan. i replaced that with a heavy duty electric fan for a f350. well after many years now on a used fan to begin with it finally went bad. i intend to set up a duel 16inch fan system. 1 slower fan for normal usage and a high flow fan for a/c, towing ext. now my question is: how much cfm is required by factory specs for the k1500 with a 185 thermostat?

im needing the normal run time cfm specs to ensure i get a fast enough slower fan for the cooling system. any help or info with this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member

nevermind. i just decided to get 2 16inch fans. im going to run one for normal all time use and the other for a/c and manual override for towing. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRO-67016/

ill have to build a shroud but thats really not hard to do.