1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Radiator Drain Plug - 2003 Suburban 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by gkipe, Sep 23, 2009.

1. gkipe

gkipe New Member

Just bought a 2003 Suburban 1500, can't seem to locate the Radiator Drain Plug. My hands are bruised and battered reaching around, can someone guide me to its location? Or am I taking the hose off instead? Thanks Garet
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Some vehicles dont have them anymore, its just connecting the hose to radiator and turning it on and pushing it through, another ploy by some manufacturers to have to bring it back to the shop, since they have a proper way to push it out and then dispose of all of it.
  3. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

what is the best way to empty if we have a drain plug? hook o hose to it open it up and run it on idle till its pushed out?
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The drain plugs are usually imposible to reach, or frozen. I just use a piece of tubing and put it down in the radiato as far as it will go. Pull a suction on the other end (not with your mouth of course LOL), and siphon it out. Much less mess, you can dump the hose right into a bucket.

Idling the motor won't pump out the block. You need to either pull the block drains, or keep flushing with water.