1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Radiator leaking

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Kickerking817, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

On my 2004 chevy tahoe I have noticed that while the truck is running and in park it is leaking transmission fluid it's not just pouring out but it's should not be coming out at all. I found the leak is coming from the line going into the radiator, it does not look like there is any way to tighten it up. Any suggestions?
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

If the line is leaking at the connection point, you could try pulling the line, putting some tefflon tape on it and seeing if that fixes it up.
  3. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

Yes it is leaking at the connection point.
  4. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

what about putting a new clamp on there?
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

No clamps, it's a screw-in fitting into the radiator.
  6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

no, his fitting uses a type of "C" clip to hold it in. The clip almost looks like a "W." try using a new clip, sounds like yours is worn out or something.
  7. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

Where can I find a new clip?
  8. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

try O'Reily's or autozone or something of that nature. If not there, any good trans shop would probably just give u one for free or a small fee. Then, if all else fails, the dreaded dealer has some.
  9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

yes the Jesus clip i hate those things they get lost so easily, but its probably not that, on some not sure if yours does but there is an oring that goes on the end of the fitting that can go bad, or it is the fitting in the radiator that is leaking most cases replacing the radiator is the only fix because it is leaking between the fitting and the plastic tank