1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Radiator question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Dustin2798, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Dustin2798

Dustin2798 New Member

Can you replace the stock radiator in and 2004 Silverado with one out of a 2005? I read somewhere that this is possible. Just looking for some more reassurance. Thanks for any feedback.

Dustin

2. redvett

redvett Member

Why not just replace it with the same part? Works for GM not you.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Are you wanting to go to electric fans or just straight up replace the radiator? Anyway way I think they are the same

4. redvett

redvett Member

The 2004 used a clutch fan and the 2005 used electric fans and a wider radiator, the wider 2005 radiator would require a different fan shroud.

5. Dustin2798

Dustin2798 New Member

The reason I was curious is im wanted to run an electric fan in my 04'. I read that the 04 radiator is suppose to be 28" and the 05' 34". However my radiator measures 34", so would an electirc fan setup from and 05' mount up on my radiator?