Radiator support

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jamorris0331, Apr 15, 2012.

1. jamorris0331

jamorris0331 New Member

Alright, I have a 2003 silverado 2500 HD. I just got some front end damage on the driverside fender. Needless to say it bent the bottom of the radiator support. I have found a scrappyard that has a support that they cut the upper radiator support off. Does anyone know if there is a way to take of my upper radiator support and attach it to there radiator support without having to weld? In other words does the upper radiator support come off?
    Thanks

2. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

If I remember right the upper cross bar is actually bolted to the lower rad support. Did they just remove the cross bar?

3. jamorris0331

jamorris0331 New Member

They told me that they cut it where the sides meet the upper. I have looked at my truck and at manuals and can't seem to tell

4. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

If it's been cut it would have to be welded, which would be difficult because it would have to be perfectly alligned or fenders and all other parts might not line up. Check out Car-part.com. It'll show what your local salvage yards have in stock and what they're asking for them.

5. jamorris0331

jamorris0331 New Member

Thanks. I will check that out