Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Radio and front door speakers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by classic_r90s, Oct 1, 2013.

1. classic_r90s

classic_r90s New Member

Hello all, New member and most of all I'm not here to gripe. I love my 2007 Silverado. Great mileage, great ride and does everything I ask for in a truck. I do have an issue though that I need help with. Recently I've been driving my truck more and have noticed that there is no bass coming from the front door speakers. From what I can tell there are some big speakers inside but when rotating the balance to Front, I only hear the very highest sounds from the tweeters. I have the standard AM/FM CD radio without USB or Itouch capability. And both speakers (doors) sound the same. Sure appreciate the help on where the issue might be.thanks,
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That is very odd... I've always preferred my stock door speakers to aftermarkets on my silverado! Is there any kinda distortion or can you hear them "attempt" to bass?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Did you buy it new or used?
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

each door has 2 speakers. the larger speaker is very cheap / poor design. buy new speakers to replace these. I got some speakers many years ago because the driver side speaker large one stopped working. coil was open.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

This^^^^^

but also check to see if for some reason the large front speakers are disconnected
  6. classic_r90s

classic_r90s New Member

No, the bass is totally silent on the fronts.

- - - Updated - - -

bought new, they used to work.
  7. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

Better than mine. I bought it new, the rear speakers were barely audible and had zero bass. I took it back to the dealer (JBA Chevrolet) in Glen Burnie Md. they said they all sound like that. About a year later they stopped working completely. Typical GM garbage and poor dealer support.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Find a local junk yard or if you have a GOOD speaker in your house . Take your door panels offf and check the leads first.. If no sound on the extra speaker then you will have to look for the factory amp or radio..
  9. workman482

workman482 New Member

I replaced my speakers due to popping and squealing. When I took my front door speakers out the woofer cone was competely disintegrated. Cheap paper speakers. I also replaced the cheapo dual hu the po installed. I ended up installing a kenwood excelon hu, infinity kappas in the front amd infinity reference in the rear. Sounds amazing now.
  10. dirtdobber

dirtdobber New Member

I had a problem with my rear speakers not working. Did some research and fond that many folks has had this problem with the front and or rear speakers.
    I had several speakers laying around so I I exchanged them. Now it sounds better than it did when I got it.
    In closure it apparently is a GM problem with these mexican made speakers.
    Easy to do.