1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

radio lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ronsantis, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ronsantis

ronsantis New Member

the lights are out on my 98 silverado radio and was wondering if theres any way to fix them.
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not that I know of man. Someone else may know a trick but once those screens go out your out of luck. To be honest you can probably find a stock radio for the price of the parts to fix it.
  3. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Those are LED lights. I heard of a guy that pulled his and some how soldered in new ones. There is one site that I found that would repair your radio and another site that had new ones for the 98 at real low prices. Do a google search and see what comes up.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yes they can be repaired you will have to remove the face and solder in new ones. If you arent feeling that up to it (i wasnt) there are several dealers and vendors on Ebay that offer to do it for you for $40, and is with all new lights. Or else you can usually get a reconditioned unit for around $200.
  5. ronsantis

ronsantis New Member

I bought a used radio on ebay,installed it and guess what?the lights dont work.are all the buttons on the radio suppossed to light up?the only thing that lights up on the old one and the new one is the plastic displat in the right hand corner.