Radio Locked

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by yardmaster5, Aug 25, 2009.

1. yardmaster5

yardmaster5 New Member

I recently purchased a '97 [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]silverado[/COLOR][/COLOR] K1500. Had to disconnect battery now the radio is locked. I went back to the place where I bought the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]truck[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [​IMG]
    from to see if he could contact the previous owner for his code but previous owner did not remember it as he had never had to use it. Please help short of taking it to a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]dealer[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [​IMG]

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The owners manual has the proper steps, as long as it never was changed to something else then what the factory set, you should be fine, otherwise I have a tape deck and aux cd (factory) that you can HAVE, just pay for the shipping.

3. yardmaster5

yardmaster5 New Member

Thanks I'll keep your offer in mind if I can't get this undone

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is what makes this forum GREAT! :)

Kudos to vncj96

5. mitch2264

mitch2264 New Member

I bought a 97 and was afraid of this same issue as I had the red security light blinking on the radio, which indicates the security code was set. Fortunately the previous owner had the code. In the mean time I found this site that charges $9.99 to send you an unlock code. I have not tried this site as I did not need to, but I would have tried them had I not gotten the code. The address is http://www.sjsincorporated.com/GM Delco Radio Unlock Codes.html

Good luck!

Mitch

6. amorgan014

amorgan014 New Member

If you go to a good dealer's parts department, they won't charge you for the unlock code. The dealer I worked for, if you gave us the numbers that your radio gave you, we could call a phone number and get the radio unlock code for you. and we charged $0.00. Just putting that out there...

7. himo1123

himo1123 New Member

my problem is similiar. I want to change my battery but if I remove the cables, my radio will be locked out. I don't have a clue what the code is. anybody know how to disarm the anti theft system so I can replace my battery? my truck is a 2002 chevy blazer 4.3L 4x4.