1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Radio Problems

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Farmer2, Oct 6, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Farmer2

Farmer2 New Member

I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 with the single am/fm cd player. The problem I am having is it shuts down on its own and resets clock and all presets. I found a mouse nest under the power center shroud under the hood. the buggers ate 3 wires and 2 were touching of the 3. I would like to know what the 3 wire go to but I am not having any luck tracking down a wire diagram. Does anyone here have a wire diagram for the break out connectors from the main fuse box? Its a connector with about 10 to 12 wires coming out of it. The colors of the 3 are grey/black, gren/black and blue.

I atached some pics of it.

Maybe these dont have anything to do with the radio but I am curious.
    I attached another radio to the same power leads and ground as the bad radio and when the bad radio fails the god one stays running and does not reset. I think the radio is bad from this test. All connections through the plug on the back of the radio are good too.

Thanks, Dave

Attached Files: