Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

radio problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gmcaggie, Feb 7, 2012.

1. gmcaggie

gmcaggie New Member

howdy yall i have a 2004 gmc sierra. we just replaced the battery in my truck and while putting the battery in the wrench hit the body and sparked normally not a big deal. but once we finished the radio and door dingy thing does not work. the radio wont even turn on. we have check all fuses and im almost to the point were i want to replace everything radio and all fuses. if we pull the radio fuse in and out the door dingy will sound. this is a aftermarket radio it was professinal installed bout 4 years ago and i have never had a problem with anything any help would be awsome

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

okay yall so the hour finally endded and we pluged it back in but now theres a new problem it wont shut up lol so we are unpluggin it to see if that will shut it up

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is it possible that the installer put a inline fuse for the radio?

3. gmcaggie

gmcaggie New Member

we have checkd theres nothing. just the fuse on the radio. but we plugged it back in after the second hour and radio does turn on but wont turn off.

4. gmcaggie

gmcaggie New Member

ok so we basically just took the radio fuse out so im able to go to school and not worry bout my truck dying. so im heading home and i go to a gas station to get something to drink im gone maybe 3 mins max and my radios just a singing away. so i come back and my whole battery is dead the starter wont even hit or nothing so jumped it and now im back on my way

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would pull it out and find a local radio repair place to have them take a look at it. There is one in my area that you can ship it to, but I would look around your area and see what you find. If you have the stock radio just put that one in while you get yours checked

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like someone needs to get a meter and start tracing all wores from radio to fuse box and back again

7. gmcaggie

gmcaggie New Member

yea im deff goin to have to trace all the power wires when i get home

8. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Now there is a good idea. Double check all grounding wires/straps

9. gmcaggie

gmcaggie New Member

hey yall im sorry that i havent been able to update this or test my radio i have been really busy with exams and papers for school i will try to get to the radio as soon as i can i also want to shoot out a thank yall for yalls help.