1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Radio Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Jaystahoe, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Jaystahoe

Jaystahoe New Member

does any one have a diagram of the wiring going from the radio to the speakers here is my problem : Bought all new speakers for my truck 3 sets got everything hooked up when come to find out the ones in my rear doors are not working the ones in my front doors and in the back mounted to the roof are not ,can someone please help me out ????
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

are any of them working because you can mix up (-) and (+) and LF and LR as long as each speaker gets a - and +. so if none of the speakers are working then you have a problem with the head unit. If a couple work ( i assume you have more than 4) then it could also be the head unit, although, it could be a confusion of wiring. Thats why as a general rule i always leave the head unnit for last, and test all speakers before locking the deck in the sleeve or replacing the dash.
  3. thats funny, maybe my wiring is screwed up too, my rears worked with stock headunit and now they dont but everything else works fine, but all my colors matched up so i dunno
  4. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

the year of your hoe is 83?

I assume you used a wire harness to connect to the head unit . :great:
  5. wingnut0302

wingnut0302 New Member

Im not sure if you have a wiring kit for your radio but i ran into the same problem its seems that it has a factory amp of some sort i took the only wire thats not connected in the harness adapter and put it to power and all my speakers work now if you have anymore problems contact me @ wingnut0302@aol.com and i can get you the wiring diagram for your tahoe
  6. wingnut0302

wingnut0302 New Member

i ran into the same problem and im assuming that you have a wiring kit for the radio harness. I took the only wire that didnt go anywhere and put it to switched power and everything works now. I guess its a factory amp of some sort if you have any problems email me at wingnut0302@aol.com and i can provide you with the colors and use of every wire you need