1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

radio upgrade

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by c-lafleur, Jul 18, 2013.

1. c-lafleur

c-lafleur New Member

hello ppl my truck came equipped with the 6 cd stacker bose/center console add on and today it stopped ejecting cds was wondering if anyone has found a decent gps/touch screen deck that still allows the steering wheel buttons and console add ons to still function.or should I find a stock deck?thank you in advance.
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

The Advent OGM-1 appears to be the best aftermarket nav system for the Silverado. It integrates with the steering wheel controls, satellite radio and looks very much like a factory nav system. I have it and it works well. They are pricey, I paid $1025 for the setup.

Call Walt Ottenad at ADC Mobile:

www.adcmobile.com
  3. c-lafleur

c-lafleur New Member

thanks I should have mentioned my truck is an 03
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Then you have more choices. Pretty much any aftermarket in-dash nav will work.

Go to Crutchfield and choose one.
  5. c-lafleur

c-lafleur New Member

thanks again very cool site btw
  6. REV_THS

REV_THS New Member

i have a 2006 Silverado that also had the Bose system, and recently upgraded to Kenwoods 2013 Exceleon DNN990HD, its their newest top of the line Nav, CD, DVD, HD radio, Rear Camera, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc... and to my knowledge no aftermarket system will integrate with the steering wheel controls without adding the Steering wheel control interface http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7mx8Mcmv9iw/g_118900/Steering-Wheel-Audio-Control-Adapters.html