Radio won't turn off

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by miller57, Mar 28, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. miller57

miller57 New Member

MY NEXT NEW PROBLEM !!!
    THE RADIO WONT TURN OFF. TAKE THE KEY OUT OF THE IGNITION AND THE RADIO STAYS ON. I CAN TURN THE RADIO OFF WITH THE ON-OFF SWITCH BUT THE CLOCK STAYS ON.
    I DID REMOVE MY SIRIUS RECEIVER A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND I HAD IT HOOKED UP THRU THE ATENNA. I PULLED THE RADIO OUT TO DISCONNECT THE ATENNA AND THEN PUT THE RADIO BACK IN.
    THATS THE ONLY THING I DID. COULD IT TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SHORT OUT???
    OR COULD IT BE SOMETHING ELSE?
    THANKS EVERYONE
    STEVE
    miller57
  2. Kady

Kady New Member 100 Posts

Same thing happened to me.. I took the keys out, and it stayed on.. I close the door since it was freezing, and messed around with a few things. Still nothing could get it off. I pressed my power window button and it shut it of.. but immediately came back on.. I opened the door, and off again, on again. I pulled the fuse out for a few days and suffered with no radio.. Hasn' tdone it since.
  3. miller57

miller57 New Member

This happened before . I don't know what i did but it started working right .
    Yesterday i pulled the radio out checked the wires, put it all back together again , and it started working right . I guess it just has a mind of its own
    thanks
    miller57
  4. Kady

Kady New Member 100 Posts

Same exact thing with mine. it seems to have fixed itself.
  5. miller57

miller57 New Member

so far its working good
    stupid little problem!!