GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Rain getting in the Cab.

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by RAV52202, Aug 5, 2013.

1. RAV52202

RAV52202 New Member

Has anyone had a problem with the cab getting really wet when it rains? It gets wet every time. It is a 2002 Avalanche. any help would be great. Thank You.
  2. stchman

stchman New Member

You obviously have a seal leaking somewhere. Check your door seals.
  3. RAV52202

RAV52202 New Member

I did check the door seals and they all look good. I didn't know if there was something common on the avalanches that leaked. Thank you for replying. I will double check the doors again.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Is the whole floor getting wet or is it only in certain areas?
    Somewhere at one time I heard of an issue on the older Avalanche's of a seal and drain near the mid body gate that had sealing issues and an issue with the drain getting clogged. Someone on this site a couple years ago hads issues and did a bunch of research on the problem. Dont know what the final fix or outcome was either.
  5. RAV52202

RAV52202 New Member

You are talking about the back window and flip down piece? I know the drains keep plugging with crap. I will have to check the seal at the back window area. Thanks for the info. I will do some more looking.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Yes, the member that had the problem doesnt post on here anymore, at one time he posted a great how to article on fixing the issue, I just dont remember the title he posted it under.
  7. kinson33

kinson33 New Member

Do they have a sunroof?
  8. RAV52202

RAV52202 New Member

No sun roof.

I think I found the problem. I found the rubber seal where the back flips up to seal the cab from the bed to be flat and out of shape in one corner. checked today after rain and it was wet in that corner. Guess Im going to buy a new seal and see what that does for me. Thanks to all for input. more input is welcome.
  9. ARMYtango

ARMYtango New Member

I am guessing that there aren't any of the bed panels on the bed?
    If there are bed panels (covers) there shouldn't be any water getting into the bed at all.
    It is good that you are replacing the seal, but make sure also that all the drain plugs are clear, and the rain gutters on the bed are also clear.