1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rain pics

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Feb 1, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

rp1.jpg rp2.jpg rp3.jpg
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

dang. hopefully no real damage from flooding
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No but we've come real close before. This was from a clogged drain. My house sits a little lower than these if it rains tomorrow and backs up everyone's in trouble. No neighbors really care.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thats looks wet!!! I hope it doesn't go any higher!!!
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Redneck Swimming poll?
  6. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

DANG!! hope it doesnt get worse... need a 6" LIFT...lol
  7. Coach24

Or pool..........................
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've always wondered about taking a truck through deep standing water. If the water has current or flow, how much "flow does it take to move the truck and keep you from making it through it ( as people get their cars stuck in flood waters. As an example..... IF a vehicle was 10,000 pounds, a water flow of 5 miles per hour would be enough to slide the vehicle and trap you in the water? because there are people that put smoke stacks and air snorkels on their trucks to keep mud and water from getting in so you can at least start the truck and try to get out.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There's usually an electric winch involved with this, too. Starting the vehicle allows the alternator to run. With the alternator going you can run an electric winch without nuking your battery rapidly. (Many people with winches don't do second batteries and, thus, can't winch out on battery-power alone...)
  10. Coach24

Why would any one with a winch not go to dual battery system? that is just crazy . But that is what makes the world go round I reckon.