1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ram Air

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by randomsandwhich, Nov 2, 2010.

1. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Anybody have any insight on the Banks/Volant or any other Ram Air kit? Would it be any better then a regular CAI?

Currently this is my situation. I have a True Flow CAI, nothing special and not the XDI series (I wish). However, to the best of my knowledge True Flow fell under with the recession. Bummer, cause I really liked there setups. Anyways, right now I just have the intake tube, that goes into the stock filter housing with a true flow filter. Now, I know I could just buy a K&N filter and be good to go (I can't find any cleaning kits for my current filter). However, would there be any performance gain to put in a whole new CAI or is my setup good enuf? Ram Air add any benifts? I want more power, and I'm getting sick of the stock filter housing... Anyways any ideas would be great !!