Ranch Hand

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sierra11, Oct 28, 2012.

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys I need someone to help me clear something up. One of my friends has a 2005 Sierra 2500HD and well he totaled it the other day trying to avoid a deer. Well he had a RanchHand legend front bumper and I might buy it from him if it will fit my truck. I asked him why the hell he was avoiding the deer when he had this on the front of his truck but anyways would it fit my truck 2004 Sierra 2500 not HD? From what I could find it would work but just making sure. Here is the link to it http://www.ranchhand.com/product.php?id=1211 . I hope it will cause this thing is bad ass and I can get it cheep.

2. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Itll fit, the mounting brackets for the bumpers are the same on both trucks. the biggest difference in the trucks are the suspension parts.

3. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah I would definitely have to get a leveling kit with that weight on the front

4. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My question is: how much had your friend had to drink?

5. G1500

G1500 New Member

6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I thought that the HD's had a heavier duty frame with different mounting locations for bumpers?

My friend had just a regular Ranch Hand grille guard on his truck and hit a really nice buck at 70 MPH. While it did do quite a bit of damage, the guard came away virtually unscathed and now resides in my dads barn ready to be put back on his truck. While I am not a fan of the styling of their products, they are quality!

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have read this but I have also read that it's untrue. I've not owned both so I don't know which is correct and am curious.

8. G1500

G1500 New Member

Yes, and that's why you have to make sure that the replacement bumper or grill guard fits the HD application. The seller has to specify whether or not it's for HD. Only get the ones that fit that application.