1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ranchhand body lift modification

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Z71-AST, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Z71-AST

Z71-AST New Member

New member here, but not new to the scene. Have a question that I cant seem to get answered on any of the other forums Im a member of. I have an 07 Classic Z71 Crew that I am wanting to put a body lift on. In the past I have usually just built a custom bumper for the front end to fit with the lift and called it a day. But, I kinda like the look of my truck with the Ranch Hand brush guard on it, and don't want to go through the process of fabbing and painting (at least not yet, I might change my mind later knowing me.) Im perfectly capable of modifying the guard myself, but I cant figure out how to go about it so that the finished product doesn't look like too much of a hack job. I need a plan of attack and some visual aids would definitely help. So, I was wondering if anyone on here was running a body lift with a modified Ranch Hand that they would post some pictures of. If you have em, please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Nobody? I know its possible because I see it all the time on classified adds and old posts all over the internet. Problem is, I cant seem to contact anyone that still has the truck that can take pictures for me.
  2. Z71-AST

Z71-AST New Member

Im determined to find someone who has done this and can supply pictures. Even if its just a hand drawing from their own memory.
  3. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't remember what the mount on the ranch hand look like. Could you post some pictures of it mounted to the frame? When I worked at my cousins we did quite a few body lift that the trucks had aftermarket bumpers. I'll ask a few buddies if they have just done any in the meanwhile.
  4. zuki82

zuki82 Member 100 Posts

yeah, pics of what ya got to work with would really help!
  5. Z71-AST

Z71-AST New Member

Good point. I will try to get some ASAP.