GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Rancho 4" vs. Rough Country 5"

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ljmueller, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

Just a little info to re-affirm what some guys on here have already talked about. I saw a guy I know the other night who has a 2007 crew cab nnbs, same truck as mine but a year older. He has the Rough country 5" with 295/65/18 Duratracs. I have the Rancho 4" with 275/70/18 Duratracs. His front fender measurements are 42 1/4. Mine are 43 1/4. Now my tires are supposedly about one tenth of an inch taller, but this gives you an idea of the difference between the two kits.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Yeah, I know with my Rancho 4", I actually got over 5" inches of lift.
  3. cain73

cain73 New Member

Thanks for the info. Are you keeping the same tires you ran with the level kit and rear block ? Please post some new pics when you get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Where are pics of the XD's!!!???
  5. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    Here's 2 real quick pics from the tire shop. I'll get some better ones up shortly. I did put the lower spacer back in under the front shock. They do rub a little bit when I back up and turn. They rub on the plastic on the rear of the fender, not sure yet if I'm going to trim it or if I can just just pull it back. I've been on vacation and haven't really had time to look at it much. And yes, I love the look of the tires and rims, very happy with the choice. It's one bada$$ looking truck now. And it actually rides better now than with my leveling kit and Duratracs on it. Rancho makes a great kit.
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Awesome! I have the slighest bit of rubbing with my 305's on the passanger side when at full lock backing up.

Well done on wheel and tire combo. :great:
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

looks good dude! im not a fan of most XDs, but I like those.

Alex
  8. cain73

cain73 New Member

Looks frickin awesome ! Now I hate you though because I have to save up for rims, new tires ,and lift kit ! Did you already regear ? What size tires are your new ones ? Are those Trail Grapplers ?
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member

295/70R18 Trail Grapps
  10. cain73

cain73 New Member

Great choice. What gears are you running ?
  11. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

Still running the stock gears till spring. I don't drive the truck much so I can wait. Not sure what I'm going with yet. I've got a buddy that's a real whizz with gears and stuff, he's a big time truck puller, I'm going to let him figure out what ratio I should use and then he'll put them in for me. Then tuner as well.
  12. ajarman

ajarman New Member

I didnt gear deep enough when I bought my gears. Learn from my mistake and go lower than 4.11's.
  13. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

Thanks man, I was actually wondering what you were running, I see Mfleeteoid has 4.56's, is that what your wishing you had?
  14. ajarman

ajarman New Member

The 4.11's are good, dont get me wrong but I just wish I had that little extra grunt down low when I hook up to my 16' trailer. Been pricing 4.56's and a trutrac vs cam, long tubes and custom tune. Looks like the new gears and trutrac will cost a little less.
  15. ammobaggett

ammobaggett New Member

ljmueller....you're killing me. I thought I was happy with my set up but now I'm pricing a Rancho 4" and new wheels. I've always liked the stock Z71 wheels but I'm not quite sure how they would look with bigger tires than what I have now. But you have one killer looking truck...perfect height and awesome wheel/tire combination.
  16. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I thought I was happy with just a leveling kit too, but yeah I really like it now. When I was researching wheel and tire sizes and options I searched google images a ton and found a few trucks that were running a 4" lift with 295/70/18 Nitto's with stock rims. Check it out maybe you can hold off on rims for now. Good luck.
  17. truc.karl

truc.karl New Member

I'm thinking of adding a suspension lift kit but I can't decide which to choose - http://4wheelonline.com/Suspension_Lift_Kits.24. I'm leaning towards the Rancho since most of the guys here are happy with it, though I also heard that Tuff Country and Pro Comp are good and reliable. I have a 07 Silverado and want a kit that is easy to install and will provide the best results. Any advice? Thanks in advanced.
  18. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Yeah the Rancho 4" is closer to a 6" lift. Also [MENTION=42993]ljmueller[/MENTION] I would definately suggest gearing with 4.56. I did the 4.10 but it was a daily driver doing mostly highway. its not a daily driver now and I am seriously considering trying to convince my wife to let me re-gear it again.
  19. pepper1126

pepper1126 New Member

I am looking at the Rough Country 4.75 lift kit with 35s. I have heard mixed reviews. I really don't have a huge budget for the lift, still have to get tires. Can yall make a suggestion?
  20. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

I sent you a PM regarding this thread, let me know if you didn't get it. ( I didn't want to bash a certain lift company in public) (again).