1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rancho 4" vs. Rough Country 5"

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ljmueller, Aug 1, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member 100 Posts

Just a little info to re-affirm what some guys on here have already talked about. I saw a guy I know the other night who has a 2007 crew cab nnbs, same truck as mine but a year older. He has the Rough country 5" with 295/65/18 Duratracs. I have the Rancho 4" with 275/70/18 Duratracs. His front fender measurements are 42 1/4. Mine are 43 1/4. Now my tires are supposedly about one tenth of an inch taller, but this gives you an idea of the difference between the two kits.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah, I know with my Rancho 4", I actually got over 5" inches of lift.
  3. cain73

cain73 New Member

Thanks for the info. Are you keeping the same tires you ran with the level kit and rear block ? Please post some new pics when you get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Where are pics of the XD's!!!???
  5. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member 100 Posts

image.jpg image.jpg
    Here's 2 real quick pics from the tire shop. I'll get some better ones up shortly. I did put the lower spacer back in under the front shock. They do rub a little bit when I back up and turn. They rub on the plastic on the rear of the fender, not sure yet if I'm going to trim it or if I can just just pull it back. I've been on vacation and haven't really had time to look at it much. And yes, I love the look of the tires and rims, very happy with the choice. It's one bada$$ looking truck now. And it actually rides better now than with my leveling kit and Duratracs on it. Rancho makes a great kit.
  6. ajarman

Awesome! I have the slighest bit of rubbing with my 305's on the passanger side when at full lock backing up.

Well done on wheel and tire combo. :great:
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks good dude! im not a fan of most XDs, but I like those.

Alex
  8. cain73

cain73 New Member

Looks frickin awesome ! Now I hate you though because I have to save up for rims, new tires ,and lift kit ! Did you already regear ? What size tires are your new ones ? Are those Trail Grapplers ?
  9. ajarman

295/70R18 Trail Grapps
  10. cain73

cain73 New Member

Great choice. What gears are you running ?