Rancho 4" vs. Rough Country 5"

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ljmueller, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just a little info to re-affirm what some guys on here have already talked about. I saw a guy I know the other night who has a 2007 crew cab nnbs, same truck as mine but a year older. He has the Rough country 5" with 295/65/18 Duratracs. I have the Rancho 4" with 275/70/18 Duratracs. His front fender measurements are 42 1/4. Mine are 43 1/4. Now my tires are supposedly about one tenth of an inch taller, but this gives you an idea of the difference between the two kits.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yeah, I know with my Rancho 4", I actually got over 5" inches of lift.

3. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

Thanks for the info. Are you keeping the same tires you ran with the level kit and rear block ? Please post some new pics when you get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Where are pics of the XD's!!!???

5. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

image.jpg image.jpg
    Here's 2 real quick pics from the tire shop. I'll get some better ones up shortly. I did put the lower spacer back in under the front shock. They do rub a little bit when I back up and turn. They rub on the plastic on the rear of the fender, not sure yet if I'm going to trim it or if I can just just pull it back. I've been on vacation and haven't really had time to look at it much. And yes, I love the look of the tires and rims, very happy with the choice. It's one bada$$ looking truck now. And it actually rides better now than with my leveling kit and Duratracs on it. Rancho makes a great kit.

6. ajarman

Awesome! I have the slighest bit of rubbing with my 305's on the passanger side when at full lock backing up.

Well done on wheel and tire combo. :great:

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks good dude! im not a fan of most XDs, but I like those.

Alex

8. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

Looks frickin awesome ! Now I hate you though because I have to save up for rims, new tires ,and lift kit ! Did you already regear ? What size tires are your new ones ? Are those Trail Grapplers ?

9. ajarman

295/70R18 Trail Grapps

10. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

Great choice. What gears are you running ?