Rancho 4" vs. Rough Country 5"

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ljmueller, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Still running the stock gears till spring. I don't drive the truck much so I can wait. Not sure what I'm going with yet. I've got a buddy that's a real whizz with gears and stuff, he's a big time truck puller, I'm going to let him figure out what ratio I should use and then he'll put them in for me. Then tuner as well.

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I didnt gear deep enough when I bought my gears. Learn from my mistake and go lower than 4.11's.

3. ljmueller

Thanks man, I was actually wondering what you were running, I see Mfleeteoid has 4.56's, is that what your wishing you had?

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The 4.11's are good, dont get me wrong but I just wish I had that little extra grunt down low when I hook up to my 16' trailer. Been pricing 4.56's and a trutrac vs cam, long tubes and custom tune. Looks like the new gears and trutrac will cost a little less.

5. ammobaggett

ammobaggett Member

ljmueller....you're killing me. I thought I was happy with my set up but now I'm pricing a Rancho 4" and new wheels. I've always liked the stock Z71 wheels but I'm not quite sure how they would look with bigger tires than what I have now. But you have one killer looking truck...perfect height and awesome wheel/tire combination.

6. ljmueller

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I thought I was happy with just a leveling kit too, but yeah I really like it now. When I was researching wheel and tire sizes and options I searched google images a ton and found a few trucks that were running a 4" lift with 295/70/18 Nitto's with stock rims. Check it out maybe you can hold off on rims for now. Good luck.

7. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

I'm thinking of adding a suspension lift kit but I can't decide which to choose - http://4wheelonline.com/Suspension_Lift_Kits.24. I'm leaning towards the Rancho since most of the guys here are happy with it, though I also heard that Tuff Country and Pro Comp are good and reliable. I have a 07 Silverado and want a kit that is easy to install and will provide the best results. Any advice? Thanks in advanced.

8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yeah the Rancho 4" is closer to a 6" lift. Also [MENTION=42993]ljmueller[/MENTION] I would definately suggest gearing with 4.56. I did the 4.10 but it was a daily driver doing mostly highway. its not a daily driver now and I am seriously considering trying to convince my wife to let me re-gear it again.

9. pepper1126

pepper1126 New Member

I am looking at the Rough Country 4.75 lift kit with 35s. I have heard mixed reviews. I really don't have a huge budget for the lift, still have to get tires. Can yall make a suggestion?

10. ljmueller

I sent you a PM regarding this thread, let me know if you didn't get it. ( I didn't want to bash a certain lift company in public) (again).