Rancho 4" vs. Rough Country 5"

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ljmueller, Aug 1, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member 100 Posts

Still running the stock gears till spring. I don't drive the truck much so I can wait. Not sure what I'm going with yet. I've got a buddy that's a real whizz with gears and stuff, he's a big time truck puller, I'm going to let him figure out what ratio I should use and then he'll put them in for me. Then tuner as well.
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I didnt gear deep enough when I bought my gears. Learn from my mistake and go lower than 4.11's.
  3. ljmueller

Thanks man, I was actually wondering what you were running, I see Mfleeteoid has 4.56's, is that what your wishing you had?
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The 4.11's are good, dont get me wrong but I just wish I had that little extra grunt down low when I hook up to my 16' trailer. Been pricing 4.56's and a trutrac vs cam, long tubes and custom tune. Looks like the new gears and trutrac will cost a little less.
  5. ammobaggett

ammobaggett New Member

ljmueller....you're killing me. I thought I was happy with my set up but now I'm pricing a Rancho 4" and new wheels. I've always liked the stock Z71 wheels but I'm not quite sure how they would look with bigger tires than what I have now. But you have one killer looking truck...perfect height and awesome wheel/tire combination.
  6. ljmueller

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I thought I was happy with just a leveling kit too, but yeah I really like it now. When I was researching wheel and tire sizes and options I searched google images a ton and found a few trucks that were running a 4" lift with 295/70/18 Nitto's with stock rims. Check it out maybe you can hold off on rims for now. Good luck.
  7. truc.karl

truc.karl New Member

I'm thinking of adding a suspension lift kit but I can't decide which to choose - http://4wheelonline.com/Suspension_Lift_Kits.24. I'm leaning towards the Rancho since most of the guys here are happy with it, though I also heard that Tuff Country and Pro Comp are good and reliable. I have a 07 Silverado and want a kit that is easy to install and will provide the best results. Any advice? Thanks in advanced.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah the Rancho 4" is closer to a 6" lift. Also [MENTION=42993]ljmueller[/MENTION] I would definately suggest gearing with 4.56. I did the 4.10 but it was a daily driver doing mostly highway. its not a daily driver now and I am seriously considering trying to convince my wife to let me re-gear it again.
  9. pepper1126

pepper1126 New Member

I am looking at the Rough Country 4.75 lift kit with 35s. I have heard mixed reviews. I really don't have a huge budget for the lift, still have to get tires. Can yall make a suggestion?
  10. ljmueller

I sent you a PM regarding this thread, let me know if you didn't get it. ( I didn't want to bash a certain lift company in public) (again).