1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rancho Quick Lift Doesn't Fit, Part# Correct... Ball Joint Removal?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BornAgainBiker55, Apr 18, 2014.

1. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Rockstar 100 Posts

Morning.
    I recently decided to replace my shocks, since I was replacing the Rack and Pinion system due to leaks, and the tie rod ends. I'm rolling in a 2007 Silverado LT (NBS) 4WD Extended Cab.
    The short version is this: Has anyone installed the Quick Lift Loaded system on the front of their NBS, and can you tell me what you had to do to make it fit?

UPDATE
    I finally got it in this morning. It involves fully torquing the upper mounting bolts, then removing the sway bar bolt, then unscrewing the upper ball joint, then using a pry-bar to persuade the shock to seat. Once that's all it, it goes pretty easy... Alignment this afternoon as I did the tie rod ends and the rack and pinion at the same time
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014